The Science of collecting, organizing, presenting, analyzing and interpreting the data is statistics. It is one of the most important disciplines or methods to get a deeper insight into data. Statistical analysis is implemented to manipulate, summarize and investigate data so that useful information can be obtained.
Take away from this post:
- Types of Statistics: Descriptive vs Inferential
- Basic terminology like Population vs Sample
- Types of Variables: Numerical vs Categorical
- Measures of central tendencies: Mean, Median and Mode and their specific use cases
- Measures of dispersion/spread: Variance, standard deviation etc.