Linkedin is a professional networking platform. where employers and employees can connect to each other. LinkedIn had 630 million registered members in 200 countries as of june 2019. And 2 new members join LinkedIn per second. These numbers are larger than the population of some of the countries.Read more
In today’s world we are generating large amount of data every second. while tweeting, chating, writing or even speaking, we are fabricating corpse of data. Most of the data is in textual and unstructured form. Hence to make this data understandable by computer, we need to process it. NLP technique helps us in processing the data and helps us to get useful insights from it.Read mor
The Science of collecting, organizing, presenting, analyzing and interpreting the data is statistics. It is one of the most important disciplines or methods to get a deeper insight into data. Statistical analysis is implemented to manipulate, summarize and investigate data so that useful information can be obtained.
Take away from this post:
- Types of Statistics: Descriptive vs Inferential
- Basic terminology like Population vs Sample
- Types of Variables: Numerical vs Categorical
- Measures of central tendencies: Mean, Median and Mode and their specific use cases
- Measures of dispersion/spread: Variance, standard deviation etc.