Artificial intelligence is a stream of computer science that supports the development of intelligent machines that are programmed to think and mimic humans in very simple words AIs are replicas of humans in the machine form
Artificial intelligence is bringing an immeasurable change within the technology fields AI is now getting utilized in almost every field from your smart mobiles to diagnosing the disease providing very high performance and efficient work, many industry experts argue that machine learning and AI are future but, just look around you I bet, you will be convinced that they are not future, they are present.
To be frank, we are already connected with AI in one or another way, whether it is Alexa or Siri. yes, this technology is in its starting stage but many industries are investing in AI apps and products in the coming future.
Fields that are used by AI(artificial intelligence)
- Agriculture and farming
- Virtual assistance or chatbots
- Fashion and shopping
- Autonomous flying
- Surveillance and security
- Sports activities and analytics
- Manufacturing and production
Three evolving stages if AI
- weak(narrow) AI only able to perform a limited set of deliberate functions like autonomous cars, kiosks of retails etc.,
- Strong (General) AI this is equal to the human mind’s capability to function autonomously according to the broad set of incentives
- Super AI this will conceivably win over the world (which will one day surpass human intelligence)
Categories of Artificial Intelligence
There are four different categories of artificial intelligence they are
- Reactive AI without analysing past experiences this reacts only to the current situations.
- Limited memory Depends on stored data to acquire knowledge from recent experiences to make decisions.
- Theory of mind AI Able to understand conversational speech, sensations, non-verbal cues including other spontaneous elements
- Self-aware AI has human-level consciousness with its own goals, desires and objectives, the two examples of self-aware AIs they are: The “Dumming Pill” scheme. Three robots were said all but one were given a dumbing pill which caused them powerless to speak. They were asked which one did give the dumbing pill. One robot got up and said he did not identify which one was given the dumbing pill. The robot immediately understood he could speak and said he was not granted the dumming pill. And one more exciting example is AI-driven poker player. A reactive mechanism would base choices only on the current hand in play, while a restricted memory version would reconsider past choices and player profiles.
Examples of Artificial Intelligence
- Echo was first introduced by Amazon this is used to browse the web, shop, control lights, schedule appointments give information on local business and the most important thing is using Alexa voice process.
- Flying drones The flying drones are previously shipping products to consumers home though on an analysis mode. They intimate a powerful machine learning method that can explain the environment into a 3D pattern by sensors and video cameras. The sensors and also cameras are able to mention the location of the drones in the place by connecting them to the ceiling. Trajectory formation algorithm controls the drone on how and anywhere to move. Using a Wi-Fi system, we can constrain the drones and utilise them for particular determinations product delivery, video-making, or else news reporting.
- Siri one of the most popular professional assistant offered by Apple iPhone and iPad is Siri. Siri assists us in getting information, finding routes, make calls, sending messages and so on.
- Tesla Not simply smartphones but also automobiles are moving towards Artificial Intelligence. Tesla is something you are avoiding if you are a car geek. This is one of the greatest automobiles possible until now. The car has not only remained able to accomplish many accolades but also highlights like self-driving, predictive capabilities, and absolute technological modernisation.
Types of AI
There are four main types of artificial intelligence they are as follows
- Reactive machines are the most basic type of artificial intelligence machines are purely reactive and do not have the capability to either to form memories or to use the past experiences to inform current decisions, deep blue is the perfect example for this kind of machines. Deep blue can recognise the pieces of chess and it understands how each one passes. It can make prognostications regarding moves might be next for it and its opponent. And it can determine the most optimal moves from amongst the probabilities.
- Limited memory This Type II class includes machines can look into the past. Self-driving cars do few of this previously. For example, they perceive other cars speed and direction. That can not be made in a just one moment, but preferably needs recognising particular objects and controlling them over time.
These observations are combined with the self-driving cars preprogrammed copies of the world, which also incorporate lane markings, traffic lights and additional important elements, like curves in the path. They are added when the car determines when to switch lanes, to sidestep cutting off another driver or remaining hit by a nearby car.
But these simplistic bits of knowledge about history are only temporary. They are not saved as part of the car’s archives of experience it can learn from, the extent human drivers accumulate knowledge over the years backwards the wheel.
- Theory of the world We might end here, and call this point the main divide among the machines we own and the machines we will develop in the future. Nevertheless, it is sufficient to be more particular to explain the types of designs machines require to develop, and what they require to be about. Machines in the subsequent, more advanced, class not only form descriptions about the world but also regarding other agents or groups in the world. In science, this is called ‘theory of mind’ the knowledge that people, people and objects in the world can have insights and emotions that influence their own style.
- Self-awareness The last advance of AI improvement is to construct frameworks that can shape descriptions about themselves. At last, we AI analysts won’t just get knowledge, however, construct machines that have it.
This is, one might say, an extension of the “theory of the brain” controlled by Type III artificial bits of insight. Knowledge is additionally called “mindfulness” which is as it should be. Conscious creatures know about themselves, think about their inner states, and can predict sentiments of others. We accept somebody sounding behind us in rush hour gridlock is furious or restless in light of the fact that that is the means by which we feel when we sound at others. Without a theory of the brain, we were unable to make those sorts of inductions.
While we are most likely a long way from making machines that are mindful, we should centre our endeavours toward getting memory, learning and the capacity to put together choices with respect to past encounters. This is a significant advance to comprehend human knowledge all alone. Also, it is urgent on the off chance that we need to plan or advance machines that are more than excellent at arranging what they find before them.
Conclusion In its’ s small being, AI has improved understanding of the nature of knowledge and gave an awesome array of application in a broad range of areas. It has focused understanding of human thinking, and of the characteristics of knowledge in common.
Yamuna Karumuri is working as a Content Writer at Mindmajix Technologies Inc. she likes to explore new technology to keep updating herself and share the knowledge with people through her articles